If you ever had a conversation about digital marketing techniques, you’d surely have heard about SEO. Search engine optimization is a stellar way to increase brand awareness and establish authority in your niche. Mastering it could generate traffic potential for all types of websites.
In this guide, we’ll explain what is SEO, why it is essential for your business, and why you need it. Before jumping in, make sure you invest in a strong SEO team for your company’s success. Reach out to THG Tech today to learn more about SEO and customize your services.
What Is SEO?
Search Engine Optimization (SEO) is a set of practices that help your website rank, increase online visibility and earn more revenue. The simplest way to wrap your mind around it is by asking how often your website ventures off the first page of Google. If the answer is rarely, SEO can help you draw more eyeballs to your website and content.
In other words, if a prospect is typing a relevant topic to what your business has to offer, SEO helps you provide the answers and win more customers. Building your online authority leads prospects to trust you and ultimately choose you for their purchases.
SEO focuses on two primary goals. The first one is to understand what users are searching for and create content they’re willing to consume. The second one is to create a website that fulfills all the technical prerequisites so that search engines can index and understand it.
Why Is SEO Important for Your Business?
Let’s take a look at five reasons why SEO is essential for any business to rank and grow:
1. SEO Boosts Your Credibility
Did you know that more than 70% of search engine users are more likely to click on one of the five top results in the search engine result pages? This indicates that your website needs to be amongst their options if you want to attract more customers. Moreover, when your site ranks in top positions, you earn credibility as a high-quality and trustworthy business.
2. SEO Gives You a Competitive Advantage
Your competitors most likely invest in SEO already. Therefore, you can’t afford to be excluded from your customers’ search engine results pages. Especially considering that the first pages of Google get more than 90% of the traffic, you need to invest in SEO to outrank your competition and earn your market share. For example, if two websites sell the same products, the one that invests in SEO will have more customers and sales.
3. SEO Doesn’t Cost You Anything
Unlike other marketing strategies such as paid advertisements, SEO works organically. Search engines like Google index your site 24/7. So as long as you have SEO-optimized content relevant to your niche, with the proper keywords, you’ll be able to earn visibility without spending the extra money.
4. SEO Improves Customer Experience
Search Engine Optimization doesn’t only focus on search engines. With the right SEO practices, you’ll also be able to improve your website’s user experience and usability. For example, by structuring the layout of a page with the proper titles, subheadings, and snippets, you create a more readable product that’s easy to the eye for users as well.
5. SEO Helps You Reach More People
Unlike other marketing tactics that help you focus on your target audience, SEO allows you to expand your clientele by reaching more people. With the right use of keywords, you’ll be able to attract prospects at different stages of their consumer journey and turn them into paying customers.
How Does SEO Work?
SEO focuses on three key elements to rank your website:
- Keyword analysis. Prospects will use certain words or phrases to search for your products. When you incorporate those words into your website’s content, you increase your chances of ranking. That’s because you’re answering users’ questions, and therefore your website appears trustworthy.
- Backlink building. Backlinks are links that direct users to other credible and high-quality websites. Building backlinks can help you improve your credibility, associate with similar brands in your niche, and show expertise. For example, linking back to industry authorities like Wikipedia or Statista for the latest trends can only make you look like an authority yourself.
- Content Creation. This is your chance to answer users’ questions by incorporating your niche keywords. Strong SEO content balances the human side of your business with a machine-optimized website that can easily be indexed and ranked.
Contact Us Today for Your SEO Strategy!
To conclude, SEO is one of the strongest digital marketing tools you can use to attract more customers and grow your business. At THG Tech, a top-notch software company, we know the value of building your online credibility. That’s why we help you create SEO-optimized websites and customized solutions that appeal to both your customers and search engines. So get in touch today and let us guide you to your SEO strategy!